[vc_single_image image=”1176″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”]To be 100 percent honest, if you’re looking for a superfood, you could simply go to the produce department and pick up almost anything. Fruits and vegetables are full of so many beneficial nutrients you could call all of them superfoods. But, it’s also true there are a host of supplements and interesting foods not usually found in the produce department of your grocery store. This superfood smoothie highlights a few of them, and combines them with your everyday superfoods to create a delicious, health-centered snack.
The combination of turmeric powder, maca powder, and collagen protein (along with a whey protein isolate) creates a nutrition backbone which is pumped up by frozen fruit and fresh vegetables. Maca powder is a complex carbohydrate which has been shown to improve sports performance and improve mood. Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory (hence why we sell it as a supplement in pill form), and collagen improves skin, gut health, and joints. However, collagen is not a complete protein, so we’ve added whey protein isolate to this superfood smoothie to aid with muscle growth and workout recovery.
Superfood Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 Serving Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate (or plant-based protein)
- 1 Serving Unflavored Collagen Protein
- 1 Tablespoon Maca Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Crack of Black Pepper (to aid in turmeric absorption)
- 1 Medium Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Cashew Milk
- 1 Cup Ice
Superfood Smoothie | Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a strong blender, starting with the almond or cashew milk.
- Blend on high until everything is well-combined. Allow to blend for 60 seconds once it is all combined so it becomes nice and creamy.
- Enjoy as a pre or post workout treat!