This Sunday is Mother’s Day and we have the perfect cocktail for you to make for the lovely ladies in your life.
We are borrowing this recipe from Natalie over at Tastes Lovely! We’ve made this delicious, springy cocktail many times since discovering it over on tasteslovely.com, and have tried some of her other recipes as well. Let’s just say this lady knows her stuff!
Check out her blog via the link above and keep reading for this Mother’s Day cocktail from Natalie herself, the Rosemary Greyhound.
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 6 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce rosemary simple syrup
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice
- sprig of rosemary for garnish
- “Simple Syrup: In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, dissolve the sugar into the water for about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil or crystals will form. In a heat safe container, pour the warm sugar water mixture over the rosemary sprigs and let it steep for at least 1 hour. The rosemary simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator in an air tight container for 10 days.
- Cocktail: In tall glass filled with ice combine the vodka, rosemary simple syrup and grapefruit juice. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.”
Enjoy spending time with your family this weekend, friends! Drop us a comment if you try out this delicious cocktail and check out tasteslovely.com for more fun and tasty recipes from Natalie!