Have you ever met anyone who doesn’t enjoy cheesecake?
Not someone who can’t eat it (thanks, dairy and lactose allergies) but someone who genuinely thinks it doesn’t taste good? I actually haven’t.
Cheesecake is a wonderful mix of amazing texture, sweet but not overly sweet flavor…and a lot of carbohydrates and fat. Am I hear to tell you to never eat cheesecake? Of course not.
I’m here to give you a way to enjoy cheesecake, and keep it healthy at the same time. This wonderful recipe is for Greek yogurt cheesecake, and it is going to change your world. Bold statement, but a true statement.
Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe is for a peanut butter chocolate Greek yogurt cheesecake, but you can take the base (Greek yogurt, instant pudding mix, almond crust) and add in whatever your favorite flavors are. A few delicious options include:
- Fresh strawberries mixed into the yogurt
- Honey and cinnamon added to the yogurt
- Raspberry jam drizzled on top of the finished cheesecake
Allow your imagination to take you wherever it wants to go, and when you want to have a rich, decadent dessert without all the calories, turn to this peanut butter option.
Greek yogurt cheesecake ingredients:
- 1 Packet Instant Pudding Mix – Cheesecake flavor
- 16 ounces Greek Yogurt (we like Fage 0%)
- ½ C 85-90% Dark Chocolate, cut into chunks
- 3 T Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 ½ C Almond Meal
- ¼ C Butter or Ghee, melted
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Dash Vanilla Extract
- 1 T Honey
Greek yogurt Cheesecake instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust, put the almond meal in one large bowl, and then whisk together the egg, honey, vanilla extract, and butter in another. Whisk the wet mixture to combine, then pour that into the almond meal, and mix thoroughly.
- Press this crust into the bottom of a pie pan or springform pan. Poke the top of the crust with a fork and then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Remove and cool.
- While the crust is cooling, make your Greek yogurt cheesecake mixture. Add the peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and instant pudding mix to a large bowl, and stir until very well combined.
- Add the chocolate pieces, and stir to incorporate evenly throughout the Greek yogurt cheesecake mixture.
- Put the yogurt mixture into the crust, and the cover with plastic wrap. Set in the fridge overnight (or for at least 8 hours) and then enjoy!