You probably see the word pasta and immediately think unhealthy. As with most things, however, the truth is pasta isn’t unhealthy. We just eat too much of it at one time! This delicious Greek pasta salad puts the focus on vegetables, lean protein, and a healthy-fat-filled vinaigrette instead of just on pasta. It’s a delicious, light spring time meal which will leaving you feeling satisfied with making a healthy choice while also being happily full after the meal is done.
Greek Pasta Salad | Ingredients
This delicious Greek pasta salad can be served cold or warm. If you prefer a warm pasta salad, add the pasta immediately after cooking, and then dress with the Greek vinaigrette, and toss to mix. For a cool pasta salad, combine all ingredients and then allow to rest in the fridge and meld together.
Also, feel free to make your own Greek vinaigrette. We’ve included a great, healthy option from Primal Kitchen to simplify the recipe, but if there is a vinaigrette you’re a fan of making – go for it! Focus on healthy fats, and no added sugar.
- 4 Cups Whole Wheat Pasta (any short kind, like penne, is fine)
- 1/2 Cup Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette
- 4 Large Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Large Orange Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 English Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, sliced into half moons
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb. Grilled Chicken Breast for topping
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients except the pasta, chicken, and vinaigrette into a large bowl.
- Next, add the pasta and toss to combine. Pour the vinaigrette on top, toss again, and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- When ready to serve, divide into four bowls and top with grilled chicken and a small extra crumble of feta, if desired.