The holiday season is official here with Thanksgiving coming up in just 5 full days! While this is an extremely fun time of year for many people, it can also be a time where fitness goals fly out the window in favor of a more sedentary life.
We’re here to say that’s ok, if that’s how you enjoy the season.
But, at the same time, you’ll also potentially be your happiest, feel your best, and look your best, if you keep some focus on health throughout all the celebrating. This quick and easy cranberry salsa recipe will help you do just that.
Balance is an important thing through the holidays – so you’ll notice this has some sugar (in the form of honey) in the recipe, and that we recommend serving with corn chips. At the same time, the main ingredients are fresh cranberries (so many health benefits) as well as spicy peppers (yay for boosting metabolism) and onions. A treat in the form of chips, with a bunch of health boosting foods on top. Sounds like balance to us. Happy Thanksgiving!
Cranberry Salsa Ingredients:
- 8 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup honey, depending on preference
- 1 dash of salt, to taste
Cranberry Salsa Steps:
- Remove the stems from the cilantro, roughly chop, and add to a food processor or large blender.
- Chop the jalapeno to remove the stem, and add to the food processor along with all other ingredients.
- Blend / process until it has a medium chunk consistency. Taste, and adjust salt and honey as needed.
- Remove to a serving bowl, and serve along with corn chips!